Friday, August 22, 2008

Confessions of a Bad Blogger

Girls, it’s been a busy summer, and I’ve been a very bad blogger.

So this Redeemed Girl is in desperate need of blog redemption. I was recently informed by one of my friends/readers that I’m “seriously failing at giving her anything to read while she’s supposed to be working.”

To Leslie: I’m so sorry.
To Leslie’s boss: You’re welcome.

But, I have a plethora of excuses for my absence. Would you like to hear them?

a. I might as well keep a locker at Houston Intercontinental Airport. Seriously, air miles anyone? I’ve been to Atlanta, Los Angeles, Sydney, DC, NYC, Albuquerque, Wilmington, and Lufkin in the past six weeks alone. Whew!!!! And, can we just discuss extra baggage fees for a minute? First of all, a girl needs her stuff. Second of all, a girl needs her stuff. I’m just sayin, I’m not a big fan of the new policies. So, of course it takes me even longer to pack now that I must commit to one bag. (You simply have no idea how difficult this process can be. Time that really could have been spent blogging.)
So, my summer has been filled with fun adventures: Hilllsong Conference in Sydney, Surfing Lessons at Bondi Beach, a family trip to NYC and DC, speaking to college women in a variety of locations, and a delightful time of celebrity spotting at the LA airport. Yes, I know I should of/could of blogged about all of these fun experiences, and I really meant to, but….

b. Major Book Deadline. My “free” time has been spent writing, complaining that I can’t find time to write, and then scampering to find scraps of paper to jot down ideas that occur to me while in the soup isle of the grocery store. I use to think I had ADD, which would allow me to do multiple tasks at once. Now I know otherwise. Truly, it just makes this girl scatter-brained and coffee dependent.

c. The Olympics. I would just like to say to Michael Phelps, “You are a serious distraction.” Clearly, I would now be finished with the book and out of blogger purgatory if Mr. Phelps didn’t find it necessary to go for Gold just about every night. I know what you’re thinking. I just watch cause he’s cute. Not true! I’ve developed quite a fascination with the sport of swimming all of the sudden. Ok, so I’m a liar. The fact that he’s 6’5, and still somehow adorable, is precisely why I watch…But seriously, when the Olympics are over, I think I’ll be a very good blogger. (By good I mean consistent, of course.)

2 comments:

Tania said...

They are some seriously good excuses!

APage said...

You're hillarious! Well done:)